The first weekend in Oregon we drove up to visit my sister in Washington. She lives right on the Sound and has a beautiful little private community beach to enjoy. She took us on this beautiful trail down to the beach and of course I can't walk straight because I am looking at all the super green plants and next thing I know my elbow is in intense pain. I had innocently brushed my arm against some leaves of one of the bushes lining the walkway and of course it had to be some kind of people-hater plant. I still don't know what kind of plant it was but it left teeny tiny little slivers that we couldn't see except if the light caught them just right. We had to try using tape after the tweezers failed and then tried just blindly using the tweezers in any area that still hurt when touched. I was still glad we went to see the Sound though because it was so neat to see such a large river of ocean water and the kids had a blast throwing rocks in the river and playing with the seaweed. (You can see the plant in the top left picture that got me... anyone know what it is??)

We went the 2nd day we were there as well to the Sound and my sister got thrown in the water by her friend, Brian. Finally on his second attempt as he was carrying her to the water I had my chance and just gave him a little extra help in the back with my hand and sent them BOTH into the water. I had a very good laugh until he tried to throw me in the water but luckily I had Aiden that I most definitely HAD to hold in my arms at all times! :) He is still threatening that on my next visit he will get even... we shall see.


While we were there we also went to their famous farmers' market and tried some samples and let the boys make a few crafts. My time was spent chasing Aiden and trying not to let him run away and get lost in the crowd. Next time I will need to remember that a stroller is very useful at events like this. Thanks for the fun visit Rem!
3 comments:
It cracks me up to see you girls with all those boys!I guess you're catching up for not having any brothers!
Ahhh! Just looking at that plant picture, i'm guessing it's Stinging Nettle. I grew up in CA and we had some of that around. My mom always warned us that it would be painful to touch it. But that's just a guess. Sounds like a fun vacation otherwise. You guys are so adventurous!
Your poor elbow! It's always so fun to visit family. :)
Post a Comment