Since my mom was visiting she really wanted to go to the beach. We piled everyone in 2 cars and headed out. The drive is about an hour long and the temperature seems to drop about 30 degrees in that hour. I have learned to dress warm for the Oregon coast. We hung out on the sand and watched all the little boys play in the sand and get it into every crease and pore of their bodies. Aiden had it up his nose, in his diaper and probably about half an inch of the stuff in his hair. Even once we got home and I bathed him I couldn't get all the stuff out for days.
(I wanted Aiden to experience the ocean water and get some pictures but because it was so extremely cold he got really mad at it (I only let it get to his ankles!!) and would scream at it and stomp his feet trying to smash it. I know I'm a bad mom because I laughed at his cuteness but the cold water was kind of painful. My poor baby has to put up with so much from his mean mama! I really do love you Aiden!) 
The boys had fun throwing a football around and kicking a soccer ball. Grandpa taught Aiden how to catch a ball and also taught him about chasing birds on the beach. Aiden absolutely LOVED his grandpa and kept on going up to him and hugging him and kissing him spontaneously. For dinner we ate at a yummy little local restaurant and had fresh fish. Yum! Overall a very successful beach trip.
2 comments:
It looks like you've had such a great time! In some of your pictures from a few posts ago I realized how long your hair is - it is gorgeous!
You seriously remind me so much of me! I say that all the time about me being a mean mama and making my little girl do things I want her to do that she hates me for. In a nice way of course! You get it, I can tell :) We are both good mama's but we love to laugh at our kids being drama thats all! Glad you had a great trip with family!!!
Post a Comment