Monday

Redneck Valentine's

For Valentine's Day the boys took us to Emily's parents' house to go shooting! We had a blast! Jon & Emily, Russ & Sarah, James & Sharon and Ryan & I all headed out to their property at noon and shot guns until dark. We shot several different styles of guns and had filled water bottles, medal pieces, a satellite and a microwave as targets. After we were done at the shooting range we headed back to our house for a low country boil! Not being from the south I had to be told what kind of meal this was to be. You throw corn, shrimp, potatoes, sausage and anything else you want into a pot and boil it with seasonings and then you drain it and throw it on the table! Everybody eats with their hands! What fun - I loved it! The best part was clean-up when all we had to do was throw away the tableclothes with all the mess on it!





To get back and forth from the house we used the golf cart, but it was really cold outside so we liked to all huddle together.




We had fun with noise blockers and Sharon was pretending she was a dj and jammin' it up!





We shot a handgun, a shotgun, a .22 and an AR15.












I said to Ryan that his truck is officially a redneck truck now because it was being used to hold the ammo and carried all the guns and targets to the range. :)




Modeling the weapons.

Here are some of the targets...








I think we had most fun with the microwave as you can tell we shot at it a lot!
Thanks Em for the use of your parents' shooting range! (and for the babysitting!)

Here is the low country boil.

4 comments:

Angie said...

You guys really know how to carry out a "theme"! Ryan are you wearing a "john deere" hat? :-)
I love low country boils...next time throw some crabs in there too...and use newspaper for your tablecloth. Miss you all!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Brin. I have to say, I'm a little disappointed there weren't any Aiden pictures on this post (although you are really cute too.)
Sure miss ya!

Chelsey said...

Happy Valentines Day! That sounds like so much fun! I'm so glad you did something different...too many people just do dinner and a movie, especially in the winter.

nicole said...

Welcome to the south Brindi