Wednesday

I Heart Yellow Grass

There is a BIG reason why I love living in the south.... that is the lack of snow and the very mild winters. I am a summer girl. I LOVE the heat. I love that we get to see the grass year round, even if it does turn yellow in the winter time. I was so so so excited to get my yellow grass back today.
This is what we went to bed to last week....
This is what we woke up to...

We got 6" of snow at our house but it didn't stop there. The snow turned to a light misty rain that then put down an inch of ice on top of all that snow. Then the weather stayed below freezing for days. This did a perfect job of shutting down Atlanta (this big metropolis has no way of dealing with this kind of weather) which meant we were all stuck snugly inside our homes for 5 days.

This equaled a lot of movies, books, computer stuff and a 2000 piece puzzle for Ryan (I helped with the border!) and LOTS of picture taking for me!
Aiden helped by breaking up the puzzle.
Nikita helped by eating puzzle pieces. (She ate 4 1/2 total - we saved one!)
The ice...
We also took Aiden out in the snow a couple of times. He LOVED it the first day while the snow was still soft and then he only liked it after that if I held his hand because the icy layer on top scared him to break through on his own.

He also loved eating it...
Nikita liked it...
And we liked Nikita on the ice! We enjoyed messing with her. We would throw food out over the hill in the backyard so she would chase after it and slide down the very icy hill. VERY entertaining.
This much snow also meant this for Ryan...

I loved that all this snow meant.... LOTS and lots of Dada time. :)
Please stick around yellow grass until it is time to turn green! I don't want to be stuck for days again without you.

3 comments:

nicole said...

I got cold just reading your post. You really don't want to know what the weather's like out here...

Chelsey said...

Brrr...I am not a fan of snow. Thank goodness I made it out of there just days before it arrived. :) It completely freaks me out to think that Tim could match for residency somewhere horribly cold {like Minnesota}. Please, please, please let us go somewhere more mild!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I can't believe that you guys got that much snow in Georgia, that is crazy!!! Sounds like you guys made a great time of it tho! Love the pictures, SO CUTE!! We will be moving to Rexburg, ID this summer so this will be our next winter, I don't know how much I am ready for it :/