Before Lani and I headed to Idaho, we stopped and had lunch with our step-sister Kirsten at Cafe Rio. Yum! Once in Idaho, we went for a walk with Lani's two very funny and semi-crazy dogs. (And yes, that is Aiden wearing a pink coat and wrapped in a pink flowery blanket.)The first day we made it to Oregon we went on a hike to a waterfall. When we left Cami's house it was pretty warm outside and I thought I would most likely have to take my hoodie off once we got there because it would be too hot. UNFORTUNATELY when we arrived after the 45 minute drive it felt like we had arrived in the Arctic. It was FREEZING!!! I put my hood up and I had an extra pair of my socks with me which I put over my hands as gloves (I was still freezing and wishing for my winter coat). I layered Aiden in 2 pairs of pants, 2 shirts, 1 jacket with a hood and a beanie. I then also used a pair of his cousin Ashlyn's socks for his gloves. Then to top it off I wrapped him in a blanket in the carrier. The hike was for sure worth it though because it was so beautiful and it warmed up some once we got on the trail.
That Saturday was my nephew, Calder's, baptism. He was so excited to get baptized and his brothers sang for him at the baptism and did a great job.
Aiden and Ashlyn played together ALL WEEK LONG. If I could suddenly have another baby around Aiden's age, I know he would be in heaven. He loves to play with other kids and he smothers them with hugs (we may have to work on that when he's older). Overall, the trip was fantastic and I was so happy I was able to spend so much time with family.


1 comment:
It so fun to see the pictures of all you sisters together! I miss seeing you guys!
Post a Comment