
I've already gotten some crap about this around here, so I thought I'd let everyone know that I'm slowly sinking into the clutches of Narcolepsy. Brindi and I were in church about a month or two ago singing a stirring rendition of some hymn or another when all of a sudden I realized I wasn't singing the words right. I actually wasn't really singing at all. It was more of a series of varied grunts and sighs put to music. Brindi was out of control laughing at me and some of the people sitting near us were staring. I had fallen asleep while in the middle of singing. I knew I was tired, but not that bad! We spent the rest of the meeting trying not to crack up hysterically while the people were up there speaking. Needless to say, I just sat there silent during the closing song. Had this been an isolated incident, I think it would have eventually faded into obscurity and we all could have just gone on our merry way. But.... The other night as we were sitting down to eat I started to say a prayer over the food. During the middle of it I completely lost track of what I was saying and went blank. I think I started speaking in spanish too because I think I heard a "gracias" or something in there. I'm just glad I didn't faceplant into my chili and end up with 3rd degree burns! I guess if it gets any worse I might have to change professions. Sleepwalking and roofing don't go too well together.

No comments:
Post a Comment