Monday

A Few Little Pumpkins

Aiden and I were scheduled to be out west over Halloween so we ended up having several Halloween celebrations and activities. I actually think we did something for Halloween in 4 different states!! We started with a small family celebration with just the 3 of us at home in Georgia. We carved a pumpkin and let the little one help clean it out. He took this very seriously and loved scooping out the insides with his spoons. I made a really yummy White Chocolate Bread Pudding for us to enjoy and then we watched The Legend of the Bone Knapper.

When we got out west Aiden and I had several little celebrations for the Halloween holiday. When we were in Portland, Oregon at my sister's house we celebrated with Aiden's cousins a week before Halloween. The kids carved pumpkins (and my sister did one which was AMAZING! can you tell which one is hers?) and then we all enjoyed some yummy caramel apples!
In Boise, Idaho Aiden was able to have craft time and make a pumpkin and decorate a butterfly... yes, a butterfly. He was sharing craft time with 2 little girls so he had to do what they were doing. Ryan said he would need to spend some time doing manly stuff with him once we got home!
To celebrate Halloween we went to my sister's ward's Trunk or Treat night. I didn't have a costume for Aiden so I borrowed a pumpkin costume from my sister for him. He was a really good sport and kept the hat on the whole time! Aiden LOVED the idea of going up to strangers and taking candy from them... hmmmm we'll have to teach him this is only ok on Halloween!!

The following day we went to Linder Farms. We took the kids on a hayride, a barrel ride, walked them through a corn maze and a hay maze. We let them go on a swing ride, play in corn kernels and also go to a feeding zoo. Ashlyn (Aiden's cousin) and Aiden loved every moment we were there. In fact, it was very upsetting for them when we left because they wanted to keep on playing. I can't believe there were so many activities to do and it was so cheap too!



When we got down to Utah with my mom, we went to Gardener's Village. I had never been there and it was the CUTEST place! They had tons of Halloween decorations and lots of full size witches around. We had lunch there and then took Aiden walking around to look around. We saw a cute witch set up on a bench and decided this would be a perfect picture opportunity! We set down Aiden on the bench next to the witch and then backed away to take the picture. Poor Aiden was TRAUMATIZED! He literally was shaking and doing the silent screaming cry because he was so scared. I felt soooo bad! I had no idea he was going to have that kind of reaction! I picked him up and gave him hugs and it took him a while to calm down. Now I know Aiden REALLY has a hard time taking pictures with strangely dressed people (Santa) or statues and may have to include myself in the picture until he grows out of it!
(Do you see that terrified face in the bottom left picture of the above collage??)

More pictures of our travels out west will be coming!

1 comment:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Super cute pictures, looks like fun was had which is the most important thing in life!