Thursday

Lake Time!!

One of my favorite things about summer time is heading up to the lake to go boating. We went up with Ryan's family in June to their friend's lake house and spent the night. We went boating and did some wake boarding and tubing. I got really beat up from tubing... I had a stiff neck for days afterward and many small bruises on my legs. In one of the pictures below you can see all the splotchy red marks on my legs. SO MUCH FUN though!
The night we got up there Ryan and I took Aiden down to the dock in his little life-vest swimsuit and let him get in the water and he couldn't get enough of it. When we eventually took him away from the water he broke down crying. I'm so glad my little guy loves the water because that means I get to get in and play with him!
We ate enough food for a week in the two days we were there and played a bunch of card games. Aiden absolutely LOVED the water and liked going on the tube as well. He was lucky and Sue let him help her drive the pontoon boat. He thought that was just the best thing and definitely did not want to give that position up. He got in lots of cousin time and we all had a blast. Thanks Oldroyd's for the fun time!


Goofing off on the dock...
All the cute little kiddos...
The crazy tubing...
Wakeboarding... (Notice matching shorts..... can you figure what happened?)
Yip, you are right... I made Ryan strip in front of everyone (well behind a towel) to give me his shorts to wakeboard so my bikini bottoms wouldn't fall off! What a nice hubby.

2 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Why in the world do we not live out there by you guys??? That looks like it was SO MUCH FUN!!! So, so, so, much fun! You are so cool and I love that you are down to get all banged up and have a blast! I can see why Ryan loves you!
Glad you had a blast and glad you got those shorts, good man! Altho the pictures would have been interesting had he not shared his shorts, YIKES!

Chelsey said...

I'm so jealous about the boating. This is the first summer that we won't get to go at all. Sigh. It's pretty traumatic for us. It looks like you guys had so much fun!