Wednesday

The Wonderful, Glorious Beach

The Friday before Memorial Weekend we headed down to Florida with our friends Emily and Jon Rusch to stay at Emily's parents' beach house. Emily and I drove down with the babies before the men did and let's just say it was NOT a fun drive. We had two very tired babies who kept on waking each other up the whole drive down. Not to mention that we ended up on 75 instead of 85 and didn't realize it until we reached Macon. Oops... were we supposed to go West?? So 9 1/2 hours later (normally a 7 hour trip total with breaks) we FINALLY make it to the beach house. Despite the not so fun drive down the rest of the stay was FABULOUS! So worth it! Thanks Em for everything!










This is where we stayed.

Since this was Aiden's first trip to the beach I HAD to take a million pictures of him. I now realize I probably should have taken more pictures of the group. What can I say? I think my baby is the sweetest thing ever! I love kissing those chubby cheeks!
We went to the beach several times and also made plenty of trips to the pool. Aiden was NOT a fan of the beach. He would play in the sand okay but he hated the water and would cry anytime we got him wet. The sand also ended up being not so great because he rubbed his eyes with sandy hands and then had irritated eyes the rest of the day. We made up for his dislike of the beach though in his love for the pool. Aiden LOVED the pool and would laugh and splash in the water inside his turtle float.

































The group (minus me). Left to right we have Dave, Tiffany, Ainsley, Emily, Jon, Jack, Ryan, Aiden, Matt and Kristen.



























































This was Aiden's first time using a sippy cup. He did really well.












Cute Jack playing ball with the big boys.











Angel (seriously) Ainsley.


After the boys left on Monday us girls hung out until Thursday. We went to Seaside twice to walk around and spent some more time at the pool. What a CUTE town! Emily said this is where the Truman Show was filmed. There were several green spots with benches, the streets were some form of cobblestone, and all the houses had been given a fun name.




























SEASIDE



















These were little food stands.










The very beautiful walk to the beach.












What a perfect trip to kick off the summer vacations!

6 comments:

Cami Severson said...

Great pics, Brins! Aiden is getting so big! I can't wait to squeeze him in less than a month!!!! YAY!! you look FAB, by the way!!! Love you.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

You guys do the coolest things, I just love it! Glad that having a little baby does not slow you guys down! Love it! I hope that is how we are!
Well all the pictures are so super cute and your little man is getting so super cute and big! Love it!

Traci said...

What fun! I wish I had some friends with connections like that!

Heather said...

Looks like you guys are having a way fun summer so far! Having kids on vacation just makes things so challenging, huh? But it's so fun to see how they react to new experiences! Wish I was there with you! :) Loves

Lindy T! said...

That looks like such a fun vacation! And your little man is too cute!!! He's getting so big!

Lacey said...

All these cute pictures make me wanna take a trip to the beach! Aiden looks adorable in his little swim gear! What a cutie! And Holy cow you look so good! You give me hope!!! : ) when are we gonna have a playdate!!!